Cartoon Network Ends Adventure Time

Jacob "JJ" Jones

Cartoon Network has posted on their official website that Adventure Time will not be renewed for another season.

Adventure Time is the story of a boy and his dog who embark on mysterious adventures through a technicolor post-apocalyptic helping  world out the strange inhabitants with odd tasks.

Pendleton Ward, the show’s creator, tweeted a deep apology to all of his followers:

@buenothebear: “I’m sorry to say that Adventure Time will no longer continue. It’s time to move on to bigger and better things.”

And what are those bigger and better things? Ward had previously hinted in publications that he was considering a show about two plants, shot in stunning realism. “Sometimes they sway in the breeze, but most of the time they just kind of sit there, you know? It’ll be really meta. Make you really question the point of art.”

Over on Tumblr, .gifs (short silent movie clips) of Adventure Time are being reblogged faster than ever before. One particular .gif, which was not actually about Adventure Time, but tagged #AdventureTime has been reblogged nearly 500,000 times in the past hour. The clip? A pug in a tutu dancing on its hind legs. Experts are still unsure as to if the clips sudden popularity is due to the adorableness of the clip or the misplaced tag.

For more information, or the press release, please visit http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/, or realize that you’ve just been fooled by the staff of CineDork.

Be Sociable, Share!
Send to Kindle
Comments
11 Responses to “Cartoon Network Ends Adventure Time”
  1. Danielle says:

Finally.

2. Kai says:

I HATE YOU GUYS D’: I FELL SO HARD

3. Tomcat says:

I just want all of you who are thinking about cancelling Adventure Time that this was the show that pulled me out of my suicidal depression when I saw the bad little boy episode because I absolutely fell in love with Marshall Lee. From then on, this show has constantly pulled me from my depression and you will be cancelling the show that kept me from going over the edge. Please don’t cancel this show.

4. Fiona says:

Cancel a show that nobody watches
    #best show ever

• Bob says:

For your information, tons of people watch it.
      It’s one of the worlds most popular shows.
      Stop being a bitch.

5. Regina says:

6. No says:

“People around the internet are mourning the loss of a beloved show. DeviantArt, a website which seems to be nothing more than poorly drawn fanart by middle school fans of Sonic the Hedgehog and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, has preemptively bought several new servers to host the inevitable onslaught of crudely drawn characters in the margins of grade 7 life science notes.” I’m sorry, but how is Sonic and MLP related in any way?

7. FUCK you leave it on please sorry for my cussing but please leave it on I love it and two plantes sound fucking boring please

8. ADVENTURE TIME IS MY IMAGINATION AND THE WORLD ALTOGETHER says:

WTF F u all i am sick of feeling depressed about EVERYTHING and now i have to add THIS to my life?! i should just go kill myself RIGHT NOW

9. lucy says:

PLEASE DONT CANCEL
    PPPPLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
    I lov this show so much and it is my favorite on the entire planet
    i am going to my social as marceline!!!!
    PLEASE